BevX Perfect Sour (Citrus) Mix
Using packaged sour mix is like using bouillon cubes instead of fresh stock and expecting your meal to taste homemade. It’s so easy to make your own and you can easily scale the recipe to make as much or as little as needed.
It will keep for at least a week in your fridge. You will be amazed at how much better your cocktails are with a homemade sour mix. Once tried, you will never go back to the store-bought versions.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 4 two-inch strips each (cut with vegetable peeler) of lime zest and lemon zest
Dissolve the sugar in warm water along with the citrus zest. When the sugar is fully dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and allow it to steep for 60 minutes. Remove the citrus zest and when cool add the citrus juices and mix completely. Store in the fridge.
You can use this in many cocktails both complex and simple. Use this to make Sours of any kind in a flash. I use a splash in my Wisconsin Supper Club Old Fashioned.
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch