Mulled cider is a staple of the harvest season and nearly everyone has a favorite recipe, or they should. Don’t get caught buying pre-spiced cider or one of those decorative spice packages. Those packages may be pretty and may seem easy but they are rarely made with the best and freshest spices and they nearly always horribly over-priced.
Of course mulled cider is a family friendly drink all by itself but we consider a great mixer as it is the perfect platform for your favorite spirit. Dozens of Liqueurs would make this drink brighter as would your favorite Whiskey, Brandy, or even Añejo Tequila. The possibilities are endless.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark raw agave nectar
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- One (roughly 3-inch) cinnamon stick
Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and bring it to a low simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes based on your preferred strength. Strain out the spices and serve warm if you like or chill for use in a favorite cocktail.
Other good additions include: fresh ginger root, star anise, or citrus zest.
- New Reviews for January 16, 2019
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018