Gin is the ultimate cocktail spirit being an essential ingredient in many classic cocktails.
Gin is happy being the star or playing a supporting role in cocktails contributing its unique blend of aromatic herbs and spices to your happy hour elixir.
We have steered clear of naming Gin brands here as we know that you Gin drinkers are very brand loyal. Gin is perhaps the most polarizing of spirits. If you love juniper heavy Gin (as I do) you have your go to brands and if you like your juniper muted (can’t imagine why) you have your brands as well.
If you want our views on a selection of Gin brands please see our spirits reviews. Further, we really hope that you check out our story, Gin & Genever – The Essence of Juniper, a straight-forward look at the first and best, flavored Vodka.
Without further ado, we present our Top Five Gin cocktails – indispensable in our view.
The BevX Top Five Gin Cocktails
- French 75 – When the premise involves mixing Gin with Champagne I can barely contain my excitement. See the Story and get the Recipe
- Negroni – Life is so much better with a Negroni in your hand and life would be less enjoyable without the creation of the Negroni – they’re that good. See the Story and get the Recipe
- Martini (classic) – These days they call everything in glass and a garnish a Martini but the Martini deserves much more respect and deserves to be made with Gin. See the Story and get the Recipe
- Vesper – It’s named for a Bond girl and 077 himself created the drink in the classic Casino Royale so how could it not be in our Top 5? See the Story and get the Recipe
- The Confessional – In a list comprised of treasured classics I had to include one BevX original (if there is such a thing as an original cocktail). See the Story and get the Recipe