This complex yet refreshing cocktail utilizes the deep and mellow flavors of blended Irish Whiskey in an unexpected way by marrying it with flavors from south of the border. I absolutely love the flavor of tamarind and the sodas made with this unique fruit. (Tamarind soda can be found in most every Mexican market.) Together the ingredients combine to create unique flavors that won’t soon be forgotten.
1 1/2 oz. Irish Whiskey
3/4 oz. Ginger Liqueur
3/4 oz. limejuice
3 oz. Tamarind Soda
I love this cocktail in the spring and I really love to serve it with both Mexican and Thai food.
Combine the first three ingredients in a shaker with a handful of ice. Shake well and add the soda to the shkaer. Pour slowly into a Collins glass filled 2/3 with ice and garnished with a lime wheel.
If you find the flavors to be too bold you can always substitute the Ginger Liqueur with an orange liqueur but I find that ginger and tamarind are perfect together.
Source: Sean Ludford, BevX
- New Reviews for January 16, 2019
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018