Michelada - BevX Turbo Version
The Michelada is a wildly popular drink in Latin America. If you have ever enjoyed a cool beverage in a local bar in Mexico (A bar filled with tourists sipping frozen cocktails while wearing socks with sandals doesn't count!) you have likely seen this drink up close.
We love the classic version but as we are wont to do, we have turned up the flavor and the octane a bit with our Turbo version! It's a great way to get back on the horse - so to speak...
12 oz. Quality Mexican Beer
1 oz. 100% Blue Agave Blanco Tequila
1 oz. Sangrita
Half of one lime
It's great anytime but if it's a hot summer's day, you hear waves crashing, and you may still be a bit injured from the night before this may be the perfect cocktail.
Add the Tequila and sangrita to a chilled beer glass. Squeeze the lime half - cut it two pieces - into the glass and drop the limes in. Top with the cold beer. You can salt the rim (like a margarita) if you like and garnish with a lime.
This is a variation of the classic Michelada.
Source: Sean Ludford, BevX
- Revealed: Why two glasses of wine and 15 minutes of exercise a day is the key to a long life
- Scotch Whisky Association launch legal challenge against German whiskey over ‘Glen’ Name
- Groundhog Day – Six More Weeks of Winter (not so fast)
- The Game – 52nd Super Bowl
- Thieves steal 1,000 Brunello wines from Col D’Orcia