This classic cocktail is reported to have been invented in the Cock 'n' Bull pub in Hollywood in the mid 1940's. It was originally made with Smirnoff Vodka but it can clearly be made with any quality Vodka. It's dead simple but surprisingly tasty when made with great ingredients. Don't skimp and you will be rewarded.
2 oz. Vodka
4 oz. (or more) Ginger Beer
3/4 oz. fresh limejuice
Enjoy this drink anytime you want a refreshing, easy to sip drink or when you feel like drinking from a copper cup.
Add the Vodka and limejuice to a cocktail shaker along with a scoop of ice – shake well. Strain into a double Old Fashioned glass or a fancy Moscow Mule mug. Add ice and ginger beer then garnish with a lime wheel.
These days there is a version of the "Mule" made with nearly every spirit type. Perfect the original and then experiment with your spirit of choice.
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018
- Concern over numerous incidences of Canadian-produced liqueurs being passed-off as ‘Irish cream’