This classic cocktail is reported to have been invented in the Cock 'n' Bull pub in Hollywood in the mid 1940's. It was originally made with Smirnoff Vodka but it can clearly be made with any quality Vodka. It's dead simple but surprisingly tasty when made with great ingredients. Don't skimp and you will be rewarded.
2 oz. Vodka
4 oz. (or more) Ginger Beer
3/4 oz. fresh limejuice
Enjoy this drink anytime you want a refreshing, easy to sip drink or when you feel like drinking from a copper cup.
Add the Vodka and limejuice to a cocktail shaker along with a scoop of ice – shake well. Strain into a double Old Fashioned glass or a fancy Moscow Mule mug. Add ice and ginger beer then garnish with a lime wheel.
These days there is a version of the "Mule" made with nearly every spirit type. Perfect the original and then experiment with your spirit of choice.
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch