Sometimes cocktail ideas collide, sometimes literally. The Cape Cod is nice but often flat while the Kamikaze is refreshing. If you are having these kind of thoughts you are also likely slapping the muddler in your hand so you may as well use it. Limes and basil are the perfect foil to tart fruit, orange Liqueur and Vodka. This cocktail is a bit odd for sure and the messy nature of muddled fruit and basil will drive the double and triple strain cabal nuts but that's just an unintended bonus.
2 oz. Quality Vodka
1 oz. Quality Orange Liqueur (clear)
2 oz. White cranberry juice
Basil (or lemon basil) 4 to 5 fresh leaves
The Cape Codderkazi is the kind of cocktail needed on a sunny day with refreshing breezes.
Muddle one lime wedge along with two lemon basil leaves in a Collins glass. Fill the glass with ice. Pour in the Vodka, orange Liqueur, and juice along with three or four lime slices and two lemon basil leaves kept whole. Dump the entire drink into a cocktail shaker and give it a good toss. Pour back into the Collins glass and garnish with a lime slice.
This smash-up of two classic Vodka cocktails so we are long past variations. If you like you could use a citrus flavored Vodka in the place of the classic.
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch