This classic cocktail is named for the once glamorous mode of transportation. It beckons to a time when the friendly skies were indeed friendly, the flight attendants were eye-catching and well appointed, the food (yes, they once fed you) was impeccable, and your fellow passengers were smartly dressed and well-mannered. Today, a heady drink like the Aviation cocktail is needed to plane the sharp edges off of the typical travel day.
1.5 oz. London Dry Gin
1/4 oz. Crème de Violette
1/2 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
3/4 oz. Lemon juice (fresh squeezed of course)
The Aviation Cocktail is an often overlooked Gin cocktail and that's a shame. It require no occasion or season being the perfect aperitif all year long.
Add the three ingredients to a cocktail shaker with a scoop of ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or add no garnish at all.
Variations abound with the classic cocktail but we like to keep the recipe true and proportional. Our version with just 1.5 ounces of Gin help make it a more sessionable drink.
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch