Irish Tipsy Orchard
This simple cocktail can be made easily in the home or at the bar. The dry apple and Sherry flavors ideally compliment the rich flavors of Irish Whiskey. It is ultra refreshing in winter and is an ideal aperitif. You may notice that we are fond of matching Sherry with Whiskey in cocktails. We are indeed guilty, as are the Whiskey producers themselves who frequently age their Whiskies in Sherry casks.
1 ½ oz. Irish Whiskey
½ oz. Dry Sherry (Fino Sherry preferred)
4 oz. Cider
Orange or Lime wedge
This very refreshing and easy cocktail is great in any season but I prefer it in the summer months.
Squeeze an orange wedge into a highball glass and then drop the wedge in the glass. Fill the glass with ice, add the Whiskey, Sherry, and then the cider. Give the drink a gentle stir and serve.
You can make the drink sweeter by adding a sweeter Sherry like an Amontillado or Pedro Ximénez will make it seriously sweeter.
Source: Sean Ludford, BevX
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch