This great cocktail has nearly gone extinct, forgotten by most cocktail drinkers and bartenders alike. It is one of the great classic cocktails that rely on just three ingredients. We love cocktails that celebrate simplicity. This cocktail made more sense to me and offered more hedonistic pleasure when I thought of it as a cousin to the Negroni and equalized the proportions of the three ingredients. Like all cocktails with just a few ingredients you must be sure to use quality products. On a three-legged stool each leg must be strong. Keep a close eye on the Vermouth ensuring that it is fresh. Vermouth is wine based and does not last as long as Gin in your liquor cabinet. If it has been open for a year, chuck it and buy a fresh bottle.
1 1/4 oz. London Dry Gin
1 1/4 oz. Extra Dry Vermouth
1 1/4 oz. Crème de Cassis
Happy hour, Sunday brunch, or anytime when you seek an easy-sipping, fruit driven drink with great aromatics.
Pour the three ingredients along with a handful of cracked ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake with vigor and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or a skewered blackberry.
You can easily alter the drink by using different Gins or by using traditional proportions that make this a Gin heavy drink.
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018
- Concern over numerous incidences of Canadian-produced liqueurs being passed-off as ‘Irish cream’