Wisconsin Wine Cooler
The wine cooler or spritzer is suffering from a poor reputation. Why would this great summer cocktail be out of fashion for so long? Well apparently there are still shivers caused by the numerous wine cooler brands sold in the 80s and 90s. It's time to put all of those Bartles & Jaymes nightmares behind us and recognize that if we treat the wine cooler like we have treated every other rediscovered cocktail – with fresh and quality ingredients – the wine cooler enjoy a revival like no other. This version – the Wisconsin Wine Cooler gives a nod to Brandy, the unofficial state beverage. This drink is the perfect marriage of the classic Wisconsin Brandy Old Fashioned and a Wine Cooler. Enjoy.
4 oz. White Wine
1 oz. Brandy
3/4 oz. lemon juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
This is surely a summer drink and it delivers a lot of cooling and refreshment.
In a shaker combine Brandy, simple, lemon juice, and ice. Shake quickly. Strain the cocktail from the shaker into the glass, add wine and a generous splash of soda then give two stirs.
There are far too many variations on the wine cooler/spritzer to cover in this limited space.
Source: Sean Ludford, BevX
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch