Caorunn Winter Spices Gin and Tonic
Caorunn, the great Scottish Gin, has shared this festive recipe with us. It's a great way to still be refreshed by the classic Gin and Tonic while also sipping a bit of holiday cheer with the addition of rich, brown spices. This is a great holiday party cocktail that is easy to make while being equally impressive in both appearance and flavor.
1.75 oz. Caorunn Gin
4.5 oz. winter tonic water (see recipe in method)
Sip this lovely cocktail on any cold winter night while simultaneously dreaming of holiday cheer and warmer summer days.
To make winter tonic, take a bottle of tonic add one cinnamon stick, one star anise, half a nutmeg grated and four peppercorns. Allow the spices to cold steep for four hours or overnight. Build ingredients in a tall glass over ice and garnish with red apple and a clove studded orange.
This innovative variation on the classic Gin and Tonic from Caorunn can be given a slightly different profile by the addition of other spices to your tonic.
Source: Caorunn Gin
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018
- Concern over numerous incidences of Canadian-produced liqueurs being passed-off as ‘Irish cream’