The Perfect Margarita
Nothing says summer like the margarita. Remember that no great Margarita can be made with inferior Tequila. Some may argue that the best in any category of Spirits should be relegated to a solo performer but in the case of Tequila, and the Margarita, this is simply not true. Don't skimp on your margaritas. Use quality spirits and nothing but fresh squeezed limejuice. You will be rewarded with a drink that is pure and refreshes like no other.
1 1/2 oz. Blanco - 100% Blue Agave Tequila
3/4 oz. Quality Orange Liqueur
3/4 oz. Fresh squeezed Limejuice
Garnish: salt (optional), lime wheel
Many people drink margaritas year round but I crave them when the temperature soars and salsa is within reach.
Add a handful of ice to a shaker followed by Tequila, Orange Liqueur, and limejuice. Shake vigorously. If you choose to have your Margarita with salt wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim in bar salt. Strain and serve on the rocks or serve up in a chilled Cocktail glass. If you need a sweeter Margarita add agave nectar to taste.
Many variations of the margarita abound. Among my favorite is the Tommy's margarita that omits the orange liqueur in favor of agave nectar.
- Revealed: Why two glasses of wine and 15 minutes of exercise a day is the key to a long life
- Scotch Whisky Association launch legal challenge against German whiskey over ‘Glen’ Name
- Groundhog Day – Six More Weeks of Winter (not so fast)
- The Game – 52nd Super Bowl
- Thieves steal 1,000 Brunello wines from Col D’Orcia