Try spending a Saturday night in a club without seeing one of these. A better idea would be to not spend your Saturday nights in a club but that's another story. This new classic cocktail was invented in the 1980s. Like cocktails of old there are numerous bartenders credited with its creation. I'm not sure who created it but there can be no doubt that Dale DeGroff in New York popularized this cocktail in the 80s.
2 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. cranberry juice
1/2 oz. clear orange Liqueur
1/2 oz. fresh limejuice
Optional - 1/4 oz. simple syrup
I suppose one should have a Cosmopolitan whenever they feel nostalgic for the 1980s or if for some inexplicable reason you are watching a Sex and the City marathon.
Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist or an orange peel.
This cocktail is well-known around the world so naturally many variations abound. Many feel a Cosmo must have citrus flavored Vodka so please feel free to do so. Many vary on the amount of cranberry juice and its ratio to orange Liqueur and limejuice so please feel free to experiment.
Source: Modern Classic
- New Reviews for June 20, 2018
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION ℠AWARDS RECORD-BREAKING FUNDS ON BEHALF OF THE BEVERAGE ALCOHOL INDUSTRY
- New Reviews for June 13, 2018
- Chateau de Chambord fights to use ‘French heritage’ name on wine in row with US liquor firm
- German whisky Glen Buchenbach ‘may make buyers think it’s Scotch