Bloody Mary Base
Bloody Mary Mix is another popular cocktail mixer that is most frequently bought. We have had some store bought brands that have impressed but nothing compares to making it yourself. We all know that fresh is best but beyond that you may want to control certain aspects of flavor including heat and sweetness among others.
We love this mix but you should feel free to add a little more or a little less of any ingredient, or add a secret ingredient of your own.
- 32 oz quality tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Juice from your dill pickle jar (not sweet pickles!)
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients and stir vigorously, or better yet, shake vigorously.
Variation – If you are addicted to chillies like I am substitute the ancho and chipotle chile powder with two ancho chilies and one or two whole chipotle. Remove the stems and seeds and toast the chillies in a hot pan until fragrant. Hydrate in hot water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the chillies and puree with six ounces (roughly) of the tomato juice.
- New Reviews for January 16, 2019
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018