Amber Lager is a very difficult category to properly define. However, it is a style that cannot be ignored or simply absorbed into another category. In an attempt to offer some definition, Amber Lagers tend to be lighter in weight than Vienna or Märzen while heavier and darker than a Dortmunder. Often, the choice of and proportion of hops is what differentiates the Amber Lager from a Vienna. A quick look at the formula and final stats of these two styles when produced at the same brewery seems to support this theory.
- New Reviews for January 16, 2019
- Over 1 million visitors expected at whiskey distillery visitor centres
- SKY RANCH FOUNDATION AWARDS GRANTS TO THE ORANGE DUFFLE BAG INITIATIVE AND FOSTER ADVENTURE
- The boss of Diageo’s local whiskey says Ireland’s luxury range is ‘underdeveloped’
- New Reviews for December 19, 2018